Pontefract Loop Line

A Kippax to Cleethorpes excursion takes the branch at the Pontefract Monkhill end of the loop line in 1957. The branch had been single tracked but not re-laid by this time.

Behind the fifth coach is Pontefract East Junction signal box where the branch diverged from the main Goole line. Although not obvious, just to the right of the locomotive is part of the ruins of the ‘Old Hall’.

Yet another B1 locomotive no. 61385 is in charge of the train.

Photograph copyright © Peter Cookson